A set of 12 posters highlighting Japanese celebrations and festivals throughout the year.
This set of posters features:
- January – Japanese New Year Shōgatsu
- February – Sapporo Snow Festival
- March – Doll Day Hina-matsuri
- April – Flower Viewing Time Hanami
- May – Children’s Day Kodomo No Hi
- June – Rainy Season
- July – Star Festival Tanabata
- August – Obon Day
- September – Moon Viewing Festival Tsukimi
- October – Health and Sports Day Taiiku No Hi
- November – Autumn
- December – Year-end Fair Toshi No Ichi
NSW Curriculum alignment
Identifies celebrations and commemorations of significance in Australia and the world
Victorian Curriculum alignment
Significance of celebrations and commemorations in other places around the world
Australian Curriculum alignment
Celebrations and commemorations in places around the world (for example, Chinese New Year in countries of the Asia region, Bastille Day in France, Independence Day in the USA), including those that are observed in Australia (for example, Christmas Da...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
The names of the events in each month have been added to the posters.
Addition by Paul (Teach Starter) Jan 24th, 2020
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!