A set of 24 task cards to enable students to practise identifying ten more and ten less than a number.
Once your students are able to identify numbers, they’re ready to build upon their skills with number operations. This teaching resource focuses on adding and subtracting the number 10.
With our set of 24 task cards, students will be introduced to the idea of finding ten more and ten less than a given number.
How to use this resource
Print the task cards on thick card and laminate them for added durability and longevity.
These task cards are perfect for small group numeracy rotations. You might like to follow this process when working with this resource:
- Provide each student in the group with a task card, a whiteboard marker and an eraser.
- Ask each student to read out their number. You might like to explore the numbers on the task cards in greater detail, asking questions such as:
- What do you notice about your number?
- How many tens are in your number?
- How many ones are in your number?
- Ask each student to fill in the ‘ten more’ and ‘ten less’ squares on their task card. Share and discuss the answers as a group.
- Provide the students with a new task card and repeat the activity.
Need to differentiate? Here’s how you might go about it…
Why not support those students who need additional help by providing them with a hundreds chart to refer to while completing the activity. It might also be wise the provide these students with task cards depicting smaller numbers before progressing to larger numbers.
This resource was created by Nicole Ellis, a teacher in New York and a Teach Starter Collaborator.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!