When spring break is on the horizon and Easter has some kids in your classroom buzzing about colored eggs and visiting bunnies, there’s just one thing to do: Pull out the Easter jokes for kids that let your students know you’re in on the fun!
Using humor in the classroom is a solid pedagogical tool that educational research shows can boost retention in kids, especially in the younger students who are inclined to appreciate silly Easter jokes. When researchers looked at knowledge retention among children watching Sesame Street, for example, they found that kindergartners and first graders who watched humorous segments scored higher and had better engagement than those who watched a non-humorous segment.
With all that in mind, we’ve pulled together some of our favorite Easter jokes for kids to employ in classrooms where Easter celebrations are going on!
Easter Jokes for Kids
- Why was the Easter Bunny so grumpy? He was having a bad “hare” day.
- What is the Easter Bunny’s favorite kind of music? Hip hop.
- What’s the best way to make Easter easier? Put an “i” where the “t” is.
- What does the Easter Bunny grow in his garden? Jelly beans.
- What’s the Easter Bunny’s favorite sport? Basket-ball.
- Why don’t you see dinosaurs at Easter? Because they are eggs-tinct.
- Why did the Easter Bunny go to bed? She was eggs-hausted.
Download a joke PowerPoint full of classroom giggles.
(Not Easter) Egg Jokes for Kids
If you’re teaching in a school where a child in the classroom — or many children — don’t celebrate Easter, try these Easter-adjacent jokes on for size!
- Why did it take so long for the chicken to cross the road? There was no eggs-press lane!
- What did the principal say to the naughty chicken? You’re egg-spelled!
- Why did the egg hide? He was a little chicken.
- Knock Knock! Who’s there? Egg. Egg who? Egg-cited to see me?
- What happens when you tickle an egg? They crack up!
- What did one egg say to the other? Heard any good yolks today?
- What did the Teacher Egg say to her favorite student? You’re egg-stra special.
- What do eggs drink to wake up in the morning? Egg-spresso.
- Why was the egg going to travel the world? He wanted to be an egg-splorer.
- What did the egg say when she bumped into her teacher? Egg-scuse me!
Practice cursive with a printable cursive joke template!
(Not Easter) Bunny Jokes for Kids
Bunny jokes don’t have to feature the Easter Bunny to leave your classroom giggling. Try these favorites from the Teach Starter teacher team!
- What did the bunny say to the carrot? It’s been nice gnawing you!
- What kind of bunny can’t hop? A chocolate one.
- What kind of stories do bunnies like? Ones with hoppy endings.
- What’s a bunny’s favorite movie? One where they live happily ever after.
- Why was the bunny wearing socks? He was going to a sock hop.
- How do you catch a unique rabbit? You ‘neak up on ’em!
- What do you call a bunny with a bad memory? A hare brain.
- What kind of jewelry does a bunny wear? 14 carrot gold.
- Where do rabbits learn to ski? On the bunny hill.
- How do bunnies prefer to travel? By hare-plane.