Making an exciting and creative birthday display in your classroom doesn’t need to take hours. In fact, often a classroom birthday wall looks best if your students help you to make it! We know that at the beginning of the school year teachers spend a lot of time preparing their classroom. And, while we here at Teach Starter are not writing these kinds of posts to increase any Pinterest-perfection inspired angst, we know that you guys love to get your hands on easy and exciting birthday wall ideas!
So we’ve done the work for you, creating some amazing birthday display resources to save you time and make your students’ first day in their new classroom totally buzz!
Five Awesome Birthday Display Ideas
Here are five super fun (and easy!) classroom birthday display ideas that each come with their own downloadable, printable birthday display resources!
If birthday displays are a little too time-consuming for you, then scroll to the bottom of this post to see some awesome, ready-to-print birthday charts.
This Under the Sea themed birthday wall idea is super fun! A twist on the Sea Jelly Classroom Display, each month is displayed on the body of a sea jelly and you can attach each of your class family’s birthdays as a tentacle hanging below.
To create this “Under the Sea” birthday bulletin board we used:
- aqua colored wrapping paper
- Sea Jelly Birthday Display Template (which includes sea jellies, rainbow Happy Birthday pennant banner, and sea animal cut out decorations)
- white and dark blue crepe paper streamers
- a ball of fancy yarn
- colored cardboard to create the coral
- yellow and green party decorations.
Tips for Longevity
- Laminate the pennant banner, the sea jelly ‘month’ bodies and the sea animal cut out decorations before you stick them on your birthday bulletin board.
- Attach the birthday tentacles using sticky tack or double-sided tape (which can then be removed at the end of the year).
- When you take down your display the main templates can be reused for the next year (or passed on to another teacher who loved this birthday board idea!)
The printable Sea Jelly Birthday Display template includes pennant banners that fit one to a page. Depending on the size of your board you will need to print the banner at a different size.
- To create this portrait-orientated “Under the Sea” birthday display we printed the banners 6 pages per page.
- To create a landscape-orientated display you may like to try printing the banners 2-4 pages per page.
To create sea jellies and cut out decorations the same size as our example, print the relevant pages at full size.
Is this not one of the coolest birthday board ideas you’ve ever seen!?
Each cactus displays a month of the year. Each student in your class gets a blank sombrero to write their name and the date of their birthday on. They can color in the hat however they would like!
To create this Mexican themed birthday bulletin board we used:
- light blue wrapping paper
- brown craft paper
- Cacti and Sombrero Birthday Display Template (includes the cacti, sombreros, blue and yellow Happy Birthday pennant banner, and the sun and cloud decorations).
Tips for Longevity
- Laminate the pennant banner, the cacti ‘months’, and the other cut out decorations before you stick them on your birthday bulletin board.
- Attach the birthday sombreros using sticky tack or double-sided tape.
- When you take down your display the main templates can be re-used for the next year (or passed on to another teacher who loved this birthday bulletin board idea!) and you can print more blank sombreros for your new student group.
The printable Mexican themed birthday board display template includes a pennant banner that prints one flag per page. This may be too large, depending on the size of your birthday bulletin board.
- To create this portrait-orientated Mexican themed birthday display we printed the pennant banner 6 pages per page.
- To create a landscape-orientated birthday board you may like to try printing your pennant banner 2-4 pages per page.
This supremely cute printable cupcake birthday display is one of the most popular in our collection of birthday-themed teacher resources! Like each of the birthday board ideas above, this fun birthday display is easy to create and can be re-used year after year.
To create a cupcake birthday bulletin display you’ll need:
- a blank wall or bulletin board
- colored wrapping paper to make a background
- Cupcakes Birthday Chart (Version 2).
Tips for Longevity
- Laminate the cupcakes and candles before use.
- Write on the candles using a dry-erase marker so they can be cleaned at the end of the year.
- Re-use the display again next year or pass them on to someone else!
This downloadable Cupcakes Birthday Display prints one cupcake per page. When the candle pages are printed at full size they are the correct proportions for the cupcakes.
- To make a smaller cupcake birthday wall, reduce both the cupcake pages and the candle pages by the same size.
We all love a good birthday cupcake display, however, this sweet ice cream birthday wall idea takes celebratory dessert displays to the next level!
Every month of the year is printed out on a waffle ice cream cone, while students each get a blank ice cream scoop on which they can write their name, write the date of their birthday (we love putting these in the cherries!), and then decorate however they’d like to.
To create this ice cream themed birthday wall we used:
- Ice Cream Birthday Display Template (includes Happy Birthday picture, waffle ice cream cone ‘months’ and ice cream scoop templates).
That’s it! The only thing you need for this display is some space on a bulletin board or wall, a pair of scissors, some sticky tack, and this one, printable file!
Tips for Longevity
Laminate the “Happy Birthday” picture and the waffle ice cream cone ‘months’ so you can use them in the future.
To create this sample display we printed all pages of the Ice Cream Birthday Display Template at full size. If you’d like to create a smaller display, make sure you print both the cones and the scoops at the same reduced size so the proportions remain the same!
Hands up if you love rainbows!? Well, this super easy classroom birthday wall idea is for you! Sticking with an obvious birthday theme, this printable Balloon Birthday Chart is another fun classroom display.
To create this birthday bulletin board we used:
- A black display board (though you could use large sheets of black chart paper)
- Different colored string
- Balloon Birthday Chart template
- Rainbow Happy Birthday Pennant Banner
Tips for Longevity
- Laminate the balloons before you write on each.
- Use a dry erase marker to write the names so you can wipe them off at the end of the year.
- If you’d like to create a larger, landscape-orientated display you may like to try printing the balloons at full size and hanging the banner across one string.
- To create a smaller display, make sure you print both the balloons at a reduced size so the proportions don’t seem too out of whack.
If you love a good pop of color in your classroom but the idea of cutting and laminating a series of decorations for a new display isn’t your idea of a good time, then a beautifully designed Birthday Chart is for you!
- Browse the Birthdays collection to find the chart design that you like the best.
- Enlarge the chart to a larger size and laminate it.
- Use a dry-erase marker to write in your students’ and your own birthday dates for the year.
- Wipe clean at the end of the year and re-use!