Bring a camping classroom theme to life with a printable bundle filled with everything you need to decorate your room like a camping adventure!
Complete Your Camping Classroom Theme!
Take your students on an adventure this school year with a camping classroom theme that connects them with the great outdoors. Whether you’re using this as an opportunity to introduce your students to the National Parks (perfect for 4th grade teachers whose students qualify for a free pass to all the parks!), or you’re just looking for a way to bring woodland animals into your decor, decking your room out in all things camping is a great way to promote a sense of adventure this school year!
This camp classroom bundle of printables is packed with camping-themed student name tags, a fun birthday chart with a compass and binocular accents, PowerPoint templates you can adapt for your presentations to the class (or parents) and so much more to bring the fun of a night around the campfire into your classroom!
Best of all, you can laminate each of the printable classroom decoration resources to use year after year.
How to Set Up a Camping Classroom Theme
In addition to the printable and digital resources packed in this theme bundle, our teacher team has put together some of their tips from their own classroom decorating years to help get you started!
- Set up a tent in your reading nook or classroom library. — This is a perfect chill-out zone for students who are experiencing anxiety or just want a quiet place to read.
- Build a classroom “kindness” tree. — Take students into the forest with a tree (or several) on your wall where they can add green sticky notes with kind things to say about their classmates throughout the year.
- Set up a “fire pit” calm corner. — You can easily create “logs” from potato chip cans wrapped in brown construction paper, and create a fake (and classroom-safe) fire with orange, red and yellow construction paper. Add nighttime sounds or fire-cracking sounds if you’re looking to take things up a notch!
- Pop a blow-up raft in your reading area. — This makes a simple seating alternative for kids that you can easily break down at the end of the school year and store away if you change your classroom theme next year.
Camping-Themed Group or Table Names
Use the name tags included in this classroom theme bundle to add fun names to your groups or tables. Can’t think of the best names to use to stay on theme? Here are a few ideas from our teacher team:
- Woodland Animal Names — Rabbits, hedgehogs, foxes, owls, bears, etc.
- National Park Names — Yellowstone, Acadia, Denali, Zion, Joshua Tree, etc.
- Tree Names — Sequoia, oak, maple, aspen, cedar, ash, etc.
- Compass Directions — North, South, East, West
Explore the Camping-Themed Resources!
- Camping Bulletin Board - Back to School
- Camp - Class List
- Camping Theme Classroom Cut Out Decorations for Bulletin Boards
- Camp - Grouping Posters
- Camp - Portrait Page Borders
- Camp - Happy Birthday Chart
- Camp - Name Tags
- Camping Classroom Calendar — Monthly Overview
- Camp - Tray Labels
- Camping Theme Letters & Punctuation Printables
- Camp - Word Wall Template
- Classroom Camping Theme Name Tags
- Classroom Job Chart With a Camping Theme
- Camp - Numbers 1 to 100 Chart
- Camp - Editable S'mores Labels/Nametags
- Camping Theme Classroom Name Plates - Editable