A comprehensive pack of resources to use with the upper years when studying the elements of Visual Art.
Teaching presentations for each element anchor the learning and provide opportunities for students to respond to artworks as they explore meaning and interpretation. The linked activities allow students to experiment with related techniques and each teaching presentation culminates with an art-making task.
Modify the suggested activities or use them as springboards for your own ideas.
All activities have been designed around materials that classroom teachers generally have readily available.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Visual Arts Elements Line PowerPoint – Upper Years
- Line and Feelings Sorting Activity – Upper Elementary
- Moving Lines Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Color PowerPoint – Upper Years
- What’s in a Color? Sorting Activity
- Mix It Up Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Shape and Form PowerPoint – Upper Years
- Organic Shape Search Worksheet
- Masked in Mystery Activity
- Plumping It Up Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Texture PowerPoint – Upper Years
- Talkin’ Texture Game
- IMPRESSive Imprints Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Space PowerPoint – Upper Years
- Designing for Depth Drawing Templates
- Balancing Act Activity
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!