A comprehensive pack of resources to use with the upper grades when studying the elements of Visual Art.
The resources provided explore the visual art elements of line, color, shape, form, texture, and space.
Teaching presentations for each element anchor the learning and provide opportunities for students to respond to artworks as they explore meaning and interpretation. The linked activities allow students to experiment with related techniques and each teaching presentation culminates with an art-making task.
Modify the suggested activities or use them as springboards for your own ideas.
All activities have been designed around materials that classroom teachers generally have readily available.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Visual Arts Elements Line PowerPoint – Upper Years
- Line and Feelings Sorting Activity – Upper Elementary
- Moving Lines Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Color PowerPoint – Upper Years
- What’s in a Color? Sorting Activity
- Mix It Up Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Shape and Form PowerPoint – Upper Years
- Organic Shape Search Worksheet
- Masked in Mystery Activity
- Plumping It Up Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Texture PowerPoint – Upper Years
- Talkin’ Texture Game
- IMPRESSive Imprints Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Space PowerPoint – Upper Years
- Designing for Depth Drawing Templates
- Balancing Act Activity
Plan to inspire every child with hundreds of teacher planning and wellness stickers or one of two merit sticker books. Get your free book with a Teach Plus plan.Upgrade to Teach Plus and claim → Learn more
Free Sticker Books Terms & Conditions: The free sticker book offer is only available for 1 claim per active Plus & Ultimate plan members during the promotional period commencing on the 6th December 2019 and closes when stocks run out. To claim the promotional gift, claimants must validate their postal address via our online form. Teach Starter reserves the right to change, amend or end a promotion at any time without notice.
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!