A comprehensive pack of resources to use with the upper grades when studying the elements of Visual Art.
The resources provided explore the visual art elements of line, color, shape, form, texture, and space.
Teaching presentations for each element anchor the learning and provide opportunities for students to respond to artworks as they explore meaning and interpretation. The linked activities allow students to experiment with related techniques and each teaching presentation culminates with an art-making task.
Modify the suggested activities or use them as springboards for your own ideas.
All activities have been designed around materials that classroom teachers generally have readily available.
- Visual Arts Elements Line PowerPoint - Upper Years
- Line and Feelings Sorting Activity - Upper Elementary
- Moving Lines Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Color PowerPoint - Upper Years
- What's in a Color? Sorting Activity
- Mix It Up Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Shape and Form PowerPoint - Upper Years
- Organic Shape Search Worksheet
- Masked in Mystery Activity
- Plumping It Up Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Texture PowerPoint - Upper Years
- Talkin' Texture Game
- IMPRESSive Imprints Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Space PowerPoint - Upper Years
- Designing for Depth Drawing Templates
- Balancing Act Activity