Use this weekly active learning guide to celebrate National Physical Fitness Month in your Grade 2 or Grade 3 classroom.
What better way to celebrate National Physical Fitness Month than getting active with your students in the classroom!
Use this editable active learning guide to lead your Grade 2 and Grade 3 students through activities that get them up and moving. We have assigned each day of the week a different learning area:
- Mondays we are ‘Moving in Mathematics‘
- Tuesdays it is ‘Grammar on the Go’
- Wednesdays we have ‘Physical Phonics‘
- Thursdays we are ‘Speeding Around Spelling‘
- Fridays it is ‘Vocabulary with Vigor’.
Now, what are you waiting for? Let’s get our students to #moveinmay!
A version of this teaching resource document can be opened and edited in Microsoft Word, allowing you to add your own custom content.How do I open and edit this Word document?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
- Grade 2 > English Language Arts Standards > Reading: Foundational Skills > Phonics and Word Recognition > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.2.3
Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words....
- Grade 2 > English Language Arts Standards > Language > Conventions of Standard English > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.2.1 > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.2.1.B
Form and use frequently occurring irregular plural nouns (e.g., feet, children, teeth, mice, fish)....
- Grade 2 > English Language Arts Standards > Language > Conventions of Standard English > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.2.1 > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.2.1.D
Form and use the past tense of frequently occurring irregular verbs (e.g., sat, hid, told)....
- Grade 2 > English Language Arts Standards > Language > Conventions of Standard English > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.2.1 > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.2.1.E
Use adjectives and adverbs, and choose between them depending on what is to be modified....
- Grade 2 > English Language Arts Standards > Language > Vocabulary Acquisition and Use > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.2.4
Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 2 reading and content, choosing flexibly from an array of strategies....
- Grade 2 > Standards for Mathematical Practice > Measurement & Data > Work with time and money > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.2.MD.C.8
Solve word problems involving dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies, using $ and ¢ symbols appropriately. Example: If you have 2 dimes and 3 pennies, how many cents do you have?...
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!