Inspire your students to reduce, reuse, and recycle with a fun Earth Day craft project.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! Earth Day Crafts for Kids
Use this Earth Day activity with your students when learning about the importance of helping keep our planet clean and healthy on Earth Day.
What better way to celebrate Earth Day than having a conversation with your students about being eco-friendly?! ♻️
After completing the sentences, assemble the mobile by cutting out the objects, punching a hole each, and attaching them to the Earth with a piece of string.
The sentence stems included are:
- I can reduce by
- I can recycle by
- I can reuse by.
Need a version for younger students? We have you covered! Use the drop-down menu to choose a version without writing lines. Your little learners will love drawing how they can care for the Earth! 🌎
What Else Can You Do for Earth Day in the Classroom?
- Plant a tree or garden: This is a great way to teach kids about the importance of trees and plants in the environment. Encourage students to help with the planting and care of the trees or garden on the school grounds, and use it as an opportunity to teach them about the different parts of a plant and how they help it grow.
- Clean up the playground: Organize a school-wide effort to clean up the playground. This is a great way to teach kids about the importance of keeping our environment clean and litter’s impact on wildlife and ecosystems.
- Teach conservation: Show students how they can help conserve resources through simple actions. From turning off lights when they leave a room to taking shorter showers.
- Have a recycling drive: Encourage students to bring in recyclable materials from home and then have them sort and separate the materials. This is a great way to teach kids about the importance of recycling and how it helps to conserve resources.
- Watch an Earth Day video and discuss it: There are a lot of Earth Day videos related to various subjects, Climate change, deforestation, wildlife conservation, marine conservation, etc. Watch the video and discuss it with students to educate them on the various environmental issues and encourage them to think of ways to help make a difference.
Download & Print
Use the download button to select the printable PDF or editable Google Slides resource file. Download and print the templates on thick cardstock to ensure their durability as it hangs on your hallway bulletin board.
We would love to see this in action – share some pictures with us using the hashtag #teachstarterus!