A beautifully designed, 24-page reading magazine specifically written for Grade 1 students.
The magazine’s content has been specifically written for Grade 1 students. It uses age-appropriate vocabulary as well as a variety of different text types to address a wide range of relevant and engaging topics. The articles contained within the magazine directly relate to learning areas such as Science, History, and Geography.
Some of the highlights of this issue include:
- “My Dog Doggo” (narrative)
- “How to Make a Banana Split” (procedure)
- “Species Snapshot: Honey Bees” (information report)
- “Earth Watch: Good Pet Care” (explanation)
- “Super Foods: What’s for Lunch?” (comic)
- “Search-a-Rooney (image search activity).
Five sets of task cards addressing the areas of writing, language, comprehension, reading strategies, and higher-order thinking skills have been developed to support and complement the magazine’s content. Download the What’s Buzzing? Task Cards today![resource:3703994]