Make reading a priority in the New Year with these printable bookmarks.
Get Students to Read More in the New Year!
Greet students returning from winter break with a New Year bookmark.
These bookmarks are a great reminder to take time every day to enjoy the written word.
You can also help students get a jump on their reading skills through the following activities:
- Organize a Read-A-Thon
- Build SSR (Sustained Silent Reading) time into the day’s lesson
- Schedule weekly school library visits
- Invite a weekly guest reader for storytime
- Create a class Book Club
- Focus on a different genre each week (students choose)
- Assign “Book of the Week” comprehension activities
- Show & Tell: Book Edition
- Encourage use of reading strategies
Easily Prepare These Printable Bookmarks for Your Students
Print on cardstock for added durability and longevity.
Check out even more bookmarks here!
We’ve got more engaging activities and resources to celebrate the new year in your classroom:
[resource:4511677] [resource:4511654] [resource:4509502]