Introduce the concept of area with this 22-slide instructional slide deck.
How to Find the Area of a Rectangle and a Square
We have created an instructional slide deck to teach the following concepts to students:
- an introduction to area
- an explanation of how length and area are different
- an introduction to the formal units used for measuring area (square inches and square feet)
- an introduction to counting square units to find the area
- an explanation of the formula used for calculating the area of rectangles (length x width)
- examples to reinforce the concept
Tip: Edit the slides to remove multiplication if you are introducing the concept of counting squares to find the area.
Download a Ready-Made Instructional Slide Deck for Finding Area!
This teaching slide deck will help you teach your students about finding the area of a rectangle or square in an engaging, exciting way that will make them want to learn more.
The deck includes 22 slides with embedded checks for understanding and turn-and-talk opportunities. The slides feature an introduction to the vocabulary, how to find the area by counting square inches and square feet, and how to find the area using the formula length x width.
A dedicated, experienced educator team created this resource to support your Geometry lessons.
Easily Prepare This Resource for Your Students
Use the Download button to download the Google Slides presentation. Project the slide deck in Presentation mode and start teaching! It’s that easy!