A set of flashcards displaying symbols students can use to monitor their understanding of a text.
Students can use the flashcards during guided reading to monitor and demonstrate their level of understanding of the text.
Print the flashcards on cardstock and put them on a keyring to use in your reading centers.
There are symbols for the following:
- I understand this part of the text.
- I am confused by this part of the text.
- I am surprised by this part of the text.
- I think this part of the text is important.
- I learned something new from this part of the text.
- I really enjoyed this part of the text.
Check out our other resources for monitoring comprehension!
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!