A set of flashcards displaying symbols students can use to monitor their understanding of a text.
Students can use the flashcards during guided reading group sessions to monitor and demonstrate their level of understanding of the text.
The flashcards could be laminated and attached to a keyring to make them easier for the students to use.
There are symbols for the following:
- I understand this part of the text.
- I am confused by this part of the text.
- I am surprised by this part of the text.
- I think this part of the text is important.
- I learned something new from this part of the text.
- I really enjoyed this part of the text.