A 14 slide editable PowerPoint template explaining the reading comprehension strategy of predicting.
This PowerPoint includes the following content:
- a definition of the strategy
- an explanation of how and when to use the strategy
- examples of metacognitive questions to ask when applying the strategy
- a guided, whole-class activity (based on a literary text)
- an activity for the students to complete independently.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
Cite textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!