Display these cute sloth-themed story elements anchor charts when learning about narrative texts.
There are “Slow” Many Story Elements…You Need an Anchor Chart!
Help your students to understand and remember the different story elements using these fun sloth-themed posters for the classroom. The story elements covered include:
- Setting – When and where does the story take place?
- Characters – Who is this story about? Who are the characters?
- Plot – What happened in the story? What was the sequence of events in the story?
- Theme – Why did the author write this story? Was there a lesson taught?
- Problems – What was the problem in the story?
- Solution – What was the solution in the story?
How to Make the Most of Your Story Elements Posters
- Print your posters and display them in your classroom for students to reference when doing independent work.
- Print your posters, slip them into a clear sleeve, and use them in your guided groups as a reminder.
- Print your posters, slide them into a clear sleeve, and hang them on a ring as a reference tool for a resource center.
We’ve also developed bonus ways to turn posters into interactive tools that make your lessons stick!
🖍️ Turn this poster into a coloring page by printing it in black and white.
📝 Create a fill-in-the-blank worksheet by removing selections of text.
📂 Place copies in students’ homework folders for reference.
🧠 Test students’ memories by showing them the poster, then hiding it and having them tell you what they remember.
✅ Incorporate posters into your lesson wrap-up: students write on a sticky note what they learned from the lesson and place it on the poster.
Before You Download
This resource is available as an editable Google Slides resource and a printable PDF. Please use the dropdown menu to choose between the full-color and black-and-white versions.
This resource was created by Lisamarie Del Valle, a teacher in Florida and a Teach Starter collaborator.