Guide your students on a trip through American history with an instructional slide deck on the Lewis and Clark expedition.
What was the Lewis and Clark Expedition?
The Lewis and Clark Expedition was a military expedition led by Captain Meriwether Lewis and Lieutenant William Clark to explore the Louisiana Purchase and the Pacific Northwest. The expedition was a significant chapter in the history of American exploration.
Lewis and Clark Lesson Plans in a Snap!
This resource is designed to be used as a primary instructional resource for a study on the Lewis and Clark expedition and the westward expansion of the United States. This slide show takes your students through the journey, beginning with the Louisiana Purchase and ending with the long journey home.
This Westward Expansion slide deck is perfect for engaging and exciting your students. It provides multiple opportunities for them to think, watch, and communicate with each other through two-minute table talks and sharing sessions.
With this slide deck, your students will learn
- Who made the journey on the Lewis and Clark expedition?
- What was the goal of the Lewis and Clark expedition?
- Why did Lewis and Clark need to explore the American West?
- Where did the Lewis and Clark expedition begin and end?
- When did Lewis and Clark explore the American West?
- How did the Lewis and Clark expedition change the United States?
Students will discover the incredible journey made during the Lewis and Clark expedition through this activity.
Tips for Differentiation + Scaffolding
A team of dedicated, experienced educators created this resource to support your American History lessons.
If you have a mixture of above and below-level learners, check out these suggestions for keeping students on track with the concepts:
🆘 Support Struggling Students
Help students who need help understanding the concepts by
- Teach the slide deck concepts in short, 10-15 minute instructional segments, allowing your students to talk, process, and record their learning using one of our Lewis and Clark expedition worksheets or graphic organizers.
- Provide students with trade books or short articles about the expedition for reference during the activity.
Easily Prepare This Resource for Your Students
Use the download button to download the Google Slides version of this resource.
Don’t stop there! We’ve got more activities and resources that cut down on lesson planning time:
[resource:4819840] [resource:4818739] [resource:4804732]