Practice identifying the major rivers and mountains in the United States with a Bingo Game.
Geography Games for Elementary Grades
Are you on the hunt for geography games to play with your learners in class? Do you need resources to cover the rivers, mountains, and features in the United States? If so, we’ve got you covered!
This resource is a Bingo Game designed for students to practice the following skills:
- Identify and locate major mountain regions in the United States
- Identify and locate major rivers in the United States
- Identify and locate major bodies of water in and around the United States
- Give each student a bingo card and a handful of counters, erasers, etc. to use as game markers.
- Use the calling cards to call out different features by letter and/or number.
- Students will locate the feature called on the map on the gameboard, and cover the name of that feature on their Bingo board.
- The first student to get three in a row wins!
For students who need extra support, provide an anchor chart, poster, or other reference material for use during the game.
Low-Prep Geography Resources
This resource is very simple to prepare and use in the classroom! Simply print the gameboards and calling cards of your choice, hand them out, and start playing!
Before You Download
Use the dropdown menu beside the Download button to choose between the color or blackline PDF or editable Google Slides version of this resource.
This resource was created by Lindsey Phillips, a teacher in Michigan and a Teach Starter collaborator.
Don’t stop there! We’ve got more geography activities we know your students will love:
[resource:2655666] [resource:2664122] [resource:2655382]