A 38 slide PowerPoint template to use when exploring place value in the tens of thousands.
The following concepts are addressed in detail:
- place value in the tens of thousands
- writing 5-digit numbers in words (and vice versa)
- partitioning numbers by place value
- using a numeral expander
- expanding numbers by place value
- writing numbers in expanded notation
- rounding to the nearest 10 and 100
- multiplying and dividing by 10 and 100.
This PowerPoint includes hyperlinks to the following place value teaching resources:
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
NSW Curriculum alignment
WholeNumbers - applies place value to order, read and represent numbers of up to five digits
Victorian Curriculum alignment
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Error on slide 8 (incorrect number written on slide) corrected.
Fix by Stephanie (Teach Starter) Feb 9th, 2020
Error corrected on slide 15 - '28 tens' changed to '28 hundreds'
Fix by Stephanie (Teach Starter) Mar 11th, 2018
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!