A 38-slide PowerPoint template to use when exploring place value in the ten thousands place.
This teaching presentation has been designed to explain 5-digit place value to your students in a clear and engaging manner.
The following concepts are addressed in detail:
- place value in the ten thousands place
- writing 5-digit numbers in words (and vice versa)
- decomposing numbers by place value
- using a numeral expander
- expanding numbers by place value
- writing numbers in expanded form
- rounding to the nearest 10 and 100
- multiplying and dividing by 10 and 100.
This PowerPoint includes hyperlinks to the following place value teaching resources:
A worksheet to use to reinforce student understanding of place value to the ten thousands place.
A resource to help reinforce place value and writing 5-digit numbers in expanded form.
A set of place value cards to help students explore and expand larger numbers.
A set of dominoes to use in the classroom when learning to write 5-digit numbers in expanded form.
Practice multiplying and dividing numbers by 10 and 100 with this board game.
A fun game for students to play in pairs to consolidate their understanding of rounding to 10; 100; or 1,000.