A beautifully designed, 24-page reading magazine specifically designed for Year 5 students.
Liven up your literacy rotations with Teach Starter’s beautifully designed and highly informative magazine, What’s Buzzing?
The magazine’s content has been specifically curated for Year 5 students. It uses age-appropriate vocabulary and a variety of text types to address a wide range of relevant and engaging topics. The articles contained within the magazine directly relate to learning areas such as Science, History, Geography, The Arts, and Health and Physical Education.
Some of the highlights of this issue include:
- “The Loudest Sound in the World” (narrative)
- “How to Make a Twirling Spinner” (procedure)
- “Species Snapshot – Narwhals” (information report)
- “Earth Watch – From Fires to Flooding” (explanation)
- “Healthy Mind, Healthy Body – What’s Your Sport? (comic).
Five sets of task cards addressing the areas of writing, language, comprehension, reading strategies, and higher-order thinking skills have been developed to support and complement the magazine’s content. Download the What’s Buzzing? Task Cards.[resource:3387506]
For more information on this amazing teaching resource, read Ali’s blog (NEW) Year 5 Magazine – What’s Buzzing?