An extensive resource pack helping students compare and contrast information.
Understanding how to compare and contrast is an important comprehension strategy for students to understand.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Compare and Contrast Poster
- Compare and Contrast – Characters Worksheet
- Compare and Contrast – Story Elements Worksheet
- Compare and Contrast – Vocabulary Poster
- Compare and Contrast – Venn Diagram Template
- Compare and Contrast – Objects Worksheets
- Compare and Contrast – Comprehension Task
- 120 Comprehension Strategy Question Cards
- Comprehension Task Cards – Compare And Contrast
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
- Grade 3 > English Language Arts Standards > Reading: Informational Text > Integration of Knowledge and Ideas > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.9
Compare and contrast the most important points and key details presented in two texts on the same topic....
- Grade 4 > English Language Arts Standards > Reading: Informational Text > Craft and Structure > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.4.6
Compare and contrast a firsthand and secondhand account of the same event or topic; describe the differences in focus and the information provided....
- Grade 5 > English Language Arts Standards > Reading: Informational Text > Craft and Structure > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.5.5
Compare and contrast the overall structure (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in two or more texts....
- Grade 6 > English Language Arts Standards > Reading: Informational Text > Integration of Knowledge and Ideas > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.6.9
Compare and contrast one author's presentation of events with that of another (e.g., a memoir written by and a biography on the same person)....
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!