A comprehensive resource pack helping students to learn how to find the main idea.
Being able to identify the main idea in a text is an important comprehension strategy for students to understand.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Find the Main Idea Poster
- Finding the Main Idea – Blank Template
- Finding the Main Idea – Worksheets
- Finding the Main Idea – Sorting Worksheet
- Finding The Main Idea – Comprehension Task (Turtles)
- Finding the Main Idea – Comprehension Task (Thunderstorms)
- 120 Comprehension Strategy Question Cards
- Comprehension Task Cards – Finding The Main Idea
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea....
Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text....
Determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text....
Determine a central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments....
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!