A comprehensive resource pack to help students understand the concept of sequencing.
Being able to understand the concept of sequencing is an important comprehension strategy for students to understand.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Understand Sequence Poster
- Story Sequencing – Template
- Sequencing Life Events – Worksheet
- Sequencing – Events Worksheet
- Understanding Sequence – Jack and the Beanstalk
- Sequencing Text – Worksheet
- Understanding Sequence – Comprehension Task
- Jack and the Beanstalk Sequencing Activity Cards
- 120 Comprehension Strategy Question Cards
- Comprehension Task Cards – Understand Sequence
- Sequencing Activity – Roald Dahl (Informative Text)
- Sequencing Activity – Stop Polluting The Ocean (Opinion Text)
- Sequencing Activity – Homework is Unnecessary (Opinion Text)
- Sequencing Activity – Dogs Make the Best Pets (Opinion Text)
- Sequencing Activity – Tyrannosaurus Rex (Informative Text)
- Sequencing Activity – Thunderstorms (Informative Text)
- Sequencing Activity – Three Little Pigs (Imaginative Text)
- The Park (Poem) – Sequencing Activity
- Sequencing Activity – Why Bears Have Stumpy Tails (Imaginative Text)
- Narrative Paragraphs Sequencing Activity
- Informative Paragraphs Sequencing Activity
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Refer to parts of stories, dramas, and poems when writing or speaking about a text, using terms such as chapter, scene, and stanza; describe how each successive part builds on earlier sections.
Explain major differences between poems, drama, and prose, and refer to the structural elements of poems (e.g., verse, rhythm, meter) and drama (e.g., casts of characters, settings, descriptions, dialogue, stage directions) when writing or speaking a...
Explain how a series of chapters, scenes, or stanzas fits together to provide the overall structure of a particular story, drama, or poem.
Analyze how a particular sentence, chapter, scene, or stanza fits into the overall structure of a text and contributes to the development of the theme, setting, or plot.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!