A 5-digit place value worksheet to represent the number of the day in different ways.
Print a class set and laminate to use with removable markers.
Alternatively, print a black and white version for each student to glue into their math journal, or create a number of the day folder.
Provide students with a 5-digit number or encourage them to pick their own 5-digit number to:
- write the number in word form
- write the number in standard form
- record the place value of each digit
- write the number in expanded form
- create a number pattern starting with the given number
- represent the number with beads on an abacus
- write a number greater than the given number
- write a number less than the given number.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Read and write multi-digit whole numbers using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form. Compare two multi-digit numbers based on meanings of the digits in each place, using >, =, and < symbols to record the results of comparisons.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!