A teaching resource to help teach your students about author’s purpose.
Use this teaching resource when students are learning to identify the author’s purpose for a piece of text.
How to use this teaching resource:
- Print the puzzle pieces on cardstock and cut them out.
- In small groups, have students put each puzzle together with the correct parts in each one.
- Ask questions such as:
- How did you know the author’s purpose was to entertain?
- How did you know the author’s purpose was to persuade?
- How did you know the author’s purpose was to inform you?
This resource works well as a reading center activity.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Identify the main purpose of a text, including what the author wants to answer, explain, or describe.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!