A teaching resource to help teach your students the different reasons authors may write.
This comprehension teaching resource is aimed at teaching students the different reasons authors may write. These reasons may include:
- to entertain
- to persuade
- to inform.
This teaching resource includes three puzzles (three pieces in each) for persuade, entertain and inform.
How to use this teaching resource:
- Laminate and cut-up each of the puzzle pieces.
- In small groups, have students put each puzzle together with the correct parts in each.
- Ask questions such as:
- How did you know the author’s purpose was to entertain?
- How did you know the author’s purpose was to persuade?
- How did you know the author’s purpose was to inform you?
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!