A teaching resource to help teach your students about author’s purpose.
Use this teaching resource when students are learning to identify the author’s purpose for a piece of text.
How to use this teaching resource:
- Print the puzzle pieces on cardstock and cut them out.
- In small groups, have students put each puzzle together with the correct parts in each one.
- Ask questions such as:
- How did you know the author’s purpose was to entertain?
- How did you know the author’s purpose was to persuade?
- How did you know the author’s purpose was to inform you?
This resource works well as a reading center activity.