A whole class game that consolidates your students’ knowledge of measurement and graphing concepts in a fun way!
We’ve just received a call from Principal Nolan from Rainbow Road Elementary School, and they have a real dilemma! They held their highly anticipated field day today but have unfortunately lost the final points tally. This means they don’t know which team won the field day. They need your help!
Students are required to use the results from the 3 events provided to determine which team received the most points overall. They will be graphing the points as they go.
The activities include converting units of measurement, finding the average, sequencing, and graphing data.
Use the drop-down menu to select the following download options:How do I print this teaching resource?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
- Grade 4 > Standards for Mathematical Practice > Measurement & Data > Solve problems involving measurement and conversion of measurements > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.MD.A.1
Know relative sizes of measurement units within one system of units including km, m, cm; kg, g; lb, oz.; l, ml; hr, min, sec. Within a single system of measurement, express measurements in a larger unit in terms of a smaller unit. Record measurement ...
- Grade 4 > Standards for Mathematical Practice > Measurement & Data > Solve problems involving measurement and conversion of measurements > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.MD.A.2
Use the four operations to solve word problems involving distances, intervals of time, liquid volumes, masses of objects, and money, including problems involving simple fractions or decimals, and problems that require expressing measurements given in...
- Grade 4 > Standards for Mathematical Practice > Measurement & Data > Represent and interpret data > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.MD.B.4
Make a line plot to display a data set of measurements in fractions of a unit (1/2, 1/4, 1/8). Solve problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions by using information presented in line plots. For example, from a line plot find and interpr...
- Grade 5 > Standards for Mathematical Practice > Measurement & Data > Convert like measurement units within a given measurement system > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.MD.A.1
Convert among different-sized standard measurement units within a given measurement system (e.g., convert 5 cm to 0.05 m), and use these conversions in solving multi-step, real world problems....
- Grade 5 > Standards for Mathematical Practice > Measurement & Data > Represent and interpret data > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.MD.B.2
Make a line plot to display a data set of measurements in fractions of a unit (1/2, 1/4, 1/8). Use operations on fractions for this grade to solve problems involving information presented in line plots. For example, given different measurements of li...
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!