A beautifully designed, 24-page reading magazine specifically written for Grade 2 students.
The magazine’s content has been specifically written for Grade 2 students. It uses age-appropriate vocabulary as well as a variety of different text types to address a wide range of relevant and engaging topics. The articles contained within the magazine directly relate to learning areas such as Science, History, and Geography.
Some of the highlights of this issue include:
- “Crabbing at Night” (narrative)
- “How to Make a Paper Airplane” (procedure)
- “Species Snapshot – Ulysses Butterfly” (information report)
- “Earth Watch – Protecting Native Plants and Animals” (explanation)
- “Team Trials – Success Celebrators” (comic)
- “Search-A-Rooney (image search activity).
Five sets of task cards addressing the areas of writing, language, comprehension, reading strategies, and higher-order thinking skills have been developed to support and complement the magazine’s content. Download the What’s Buzzing? Task Cards today!
Five sets of literacy rotation task cards to be used in conjunction with issue 1 of Teach Starter's Grade 2 magazine.
If you are looking to save time, ink, and paper, you can display a digital version of the magazine on your interactive whiteboard or individual student devices using our online flip-book.