A 20-slide editable PowerPoint template to use when introducing decimal numbers to your students.
Decimals can be a challenging concept for students to grasp. This PowerPoint presentation has been designed to teach your students about decimal numbers, focusing on tenths and hundredths. It covers the following content:
- an overview of how and why decimal numbers are used in everyday life
- an explanation of decimal numbers and decimal place value
- an explanation of how to write tenths and hundredths as decimals
- examples to demonstrate each concept
- review questions for students.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Use decimal notation for fractions with denominators 10 or 100. For example, rewrite 0.62 as 62/100; describe a length as 0.62 meters; locate 0.62 on a number line diagram.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
An error in a decimal question "what is smaller than 0" has been adjusted.
Fix by Royce (Teach Starter) May 6th, 2019
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!