Help students identify and manage anxious feelings with this self-reflection worksheet.
Manage Anxious Feelings with This Anxiety Worksheet for Kids
Anxiety is a feeling we experience when we think something bad could happen.
Did you know that the number of children being diagnosed with anxiety and depression is rising?
In light of this, it is vital that our children:
- Understand what anxiety is
- Recognize how anxiety affects us mentally, physically, and behaviorally
- Manage anxious feelings using appropriate “calm down” strategies
This worksheet has been designed to assist students in managing anxious feelings about a particular situation. Students can use the worksheet to:
- Identify a situation that is making them anxious
- Consider how this anxiety is affecting their thoughts, bodies, and behaviors
- Choose some appropriate strategies from the list provided
- Name another strategy of their own choice
Easily Download & Print
Use the dropdown icon on the Download button to choose between the PDF or Google Slides version of this resource.
Get more handy worksheets here!
Don’t stop there! We’ve got a wide range of additional resources to support your students’ social-emotional learning.
Mindful Breathing Exercises - Task Cards
Use these mindfulness breathing exercises to help students calm themselves down when they are feeling upset or anxious.
Circle of Control Poster
Display this poster in your classroom to remind students about the things in life they can and cannot control.
Worry Jar - Cut and Assemble Kit
Printable labels, writing slips, and worry exploration worksheet to set up a class (or student) Worry Jar.
Write a review to help other teachers and parents like yourself. If you'd like to request a change to this resource, or report an error, select the corresponding tab above.