A 35 slide editable PowerPoint template to use when teaching your students about the structure and language features of opinion pieces.
This PowerPoint presentation has been designed to teach your students about the text structure and language features of opinion pieces. It addresses the following content:
- an overview of the purpose and types of opinion pieces
- an explanation of point of view
- an explanation of opinion piece structure, with examples and activities
- an explanation of the language of opinion, with examples and activities.
How do I open and edit this PowerPoint presentation?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
- Grade 1 > English Language Arts Standards > Writing > Text Types and Purposes > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.1.1
Write opinion pieces in which they introduce the topic or name the book they are writing about, state an opinion, supply a reason for the opinion, and provide some sense of closure....
- Grade 2 > English Language Arts Standards > Writing > Text Types and Purposes > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.2.1
Write opinion pieces in which they introduce the topic or book they are writing about, state an opinion, supply reasons that support the opinion, use linking words (e.g., because, and, also) to connect opinion and reasons, and provide a concluding st...
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Design update of PowerPoint template.
Change by Stephanie (Teach Starter) 21st Jan
6 slides added - how to use strong words to build strong opinions.
Addition by Stephanie (Teach Starter) 23rd Jan, 2017
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!