Use this weekly poetry guide to celebrate National Poetry Month in your primary classroom.
Want to celebrate National Poetry Month but don’t know how? Use this editable weekly poetry guide to lead your primary students through short mini-lessons; each day focusing on a different literary device or poetic form.
Use the drop-down menu to select the following download options:
Resource Pack This resource is part of the Celebrating Poetry Month in the Primary Grades – Weeks 4 and 5. Download this resource and 13 other resources in the complete pack. View the pack...
A version of this teaching resource document can be opened and edited in Microsoft Word, allowing you to add your own custom content.How do I open and edit this Word document?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
- Kindergarten > English Language Arts Standards > Reading: Literature > Craft and Structure > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.K.5
Recognize common types of texts (e.g., storybooks, poems)....
- Grade 1 > English Language Arts Standards > Reading: Literature > Craft and Structure > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.1.4
Identify words and phrases in stories or poems that suggest feelings or appeal to the senses....
- Grade 2 > English Language Arts Standards > Reading: Literature > Craft and Structure > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.2.4
Describe how words and phrases (e.g., regular beats, alliteration, rhymes, repeated lines) supply rhythm and meaning in a story, poem, or song....
- Grade 3 > English Language Arts Standards > Reading: Literature > Craft and Structure > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.3.4
Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, distinguishing literal from nonliteral language....
- Kindergarten > English Language Arts Standards > Reading: Foundational Skills > Phonological Awareness > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.2 > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.2.A
Recognize and produce rhyming words....
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!