A 13 slide editable PowerPoint template explaining the reading comprehension strategy of activating prior knowledge.
This PowerPoint includes the following content:
- a definition of the strategy
- an explanation of how and when to use the strategy
- examples of metacognitive questions to ask when applying the strategy
- a guided, whole-class activity (based on a literary text)
- an activity for the students to complete independently.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
Applying Reading Comprehension Strategies Unit Plan
This reading unit is designed to explicitly teach the reading comprehension strategies of activating prior knowledge, making connections, questioning, monitoring, predicting, inferring, visualizing, and summarizing to elementary students, with a focus on literary texts.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
English Language Arts and ReadingReadingComprehension SkillsMetacognitive SkillsTeaching PresentationsReading Comprehension StrategiesActivating Prior KnowledgeReading Comprehension Strategies PowerPoints
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!