Help students work through tough situations with this remote control template.
Calm Big Emotions with a Reboot Remote
When students become emotionally overwhelmed, they may begin to express their emotions in aggressive or unfavorable ways. Teaching de-escalation strategies and techniques helps students regulate their emotions and control their actions.
Use this resource to help teach de-escalation strategies to your students. The “Reboot Remote” will walk students through a series of questions to assist them in recognizing their emotions. The questions on the reboot remote are:
- What am I feeling?
- What do I need to do to change this situation?
- Do I need to remove myself from a situation that is bothering me?
- Do I need to speak up and explain how I am feeling?
- What is making me feel this way?
- What will happen if I don’t change this situation?
The reboot remote also features a selection of strategies that students may choose to use during their reboot. These include:
- Taking deep breaths
- Counting to ten
- Finding three things that they can see, hear and feel.
- Setting a timer for a break
- Positive self-talk
- Creating a list of choices
- Thinking about a pet
- Talking with a friend
Easily Create a Reboot Remote For Your Classroom
Use the dropdown menu next to the Download button to choose between the color or black-and-white version of this resource.
Print the two pages front-to-back, and choose for the resource to flip along the short edge.
It also works best if you choose for it to print “Actual Size” instead of “Fit to Page.” This will ensure the template prints correctly.