Help students remember the fundamentals of summarizing a story with this set of fun graphic organizers.
Unlocking the Power of Stories with Summarizing a Story Graphic Organizers
This set of graphic organizers has been designed by a teacher to elevate storytelling in the classroom, this resource empowers educators to nurture essential skills in their students. As a versatile tool, it accommodates various learning styles and encourages students to engage with literature in a meaningful way. Say goodbye to mundane summarization exercises and hello to an interactive and dynamic approach to understanding and conveying the essence of stories.
The following terminology has been used to help students remember what is essential to include when summarizing a story.
- Title – what is the title of the story?
- Somebody – who is the main character?
- Wanted – what did the main character want?
- But – what was the problem?
- So – how did the character solve the problem?
- Then – what was the final resolution to the problem?