Practice identifying and using synonyms and antonyms with five fun synonym and antonym worksheets.
Ready-Made Resources – Printable Activities with Synonyms and Antonyms
What are synonyms and antonyms? Why do we need them? And better yet, why must we teach them to primary schoolers? Here’s a quick rundown of the facts on synonyms.
Synonyms are words that have the same or similar meanings. Antonyms are words that have opposite meanings. They are essential in reading and writing because they help to expand vocabulary, improve communication, and make writing more varied and exciting. Using synonyms and antonyms also helps avoid repetition and makes writing sound more sophisticated.
Teaching Synonyms Just Got Easier – Printable Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheets
The worksheets to practice identifying and using synonyms in context include the following
- Synonym Sneakers – Students match pairs of antonyms and decorate matching pairs.
- Sunny Synonyms – Students will write a synonym for each word shown.
- Shark Bite Synonyms – Students will color-by-code to differentiate synonym and antonym pairs.
- Sweet Synonyms and Antonyms – Students will use colors to distinguish between synonym pairs and antonym pairs.
- Antonym Anthills – Students will color anthills that contain pairs of antonyms.
Each worksheet includes easy-to-understand instructions and multiple opportunities for students to practice using synonyms and antonyms.
Download and Print Your Activities with Synonyms and Antonyms
You’re just a click away from getting your new resources! Use the dropdown arrow on the Download button to select the Editable Google Slides resource file or the quick-print PDF version.
Write a review to help other teachers and parents like yourself. If you'd like to request a change to this resource, or report an error, select the corresponding tab above.