Win the addition fact championship with a football-themed partner game!
🏈Engage and Excite Sports Fans with Football Math Games!
Excite the young football fans in your classroom with a fun game of Touchdown Throwdown! The biggest bowl game of the year is coming up, so why not bring a bit of competition into your classroom as well?
Touchdown Throwdown is a two-player partner game in which students compete against each other to solve single-digit addition problems and reach the endzone.
How to Play the Touchdown Throwdown – Addition Game
To play the game, students will need to
- Put a game piece on the start line.
- Take turns moving their pieces. When players move to a new space, they quickly solve the problem and say the answer aloud. Your opponent will check your answer.
- If the answer is correct, the student retains his or her position. If it is incorrect, a one-yard penalty (one row) is enforced, and the student reverses his or her direction for one space.
- Players can move one space at a time in any direction. If someone else is in the space, they must move in another direction. No jumping over or sharing spaces.
- The first person to reach the end zone wins!
To Prepare Your Touchdown Math Game
We’ve included 25 game mats, so your entire class can play simultaneously and compete in multiple games against other players using different mats. What a fun February Math Center!
We recommend printing your game mats on cardstock for durability and placing them inside a clear sleeve to protect them from damage.
This resource is available in Color and Black and white PDF formats and an editable Google Slides download. Use the arrow on the Download button to select the version you prefer.
This resource was created by Kendall Britnell, a teacher in Colorado and Teach Starter Collaborator.
Write a review to help other teachers and parents like yourself. If you'd like to request a change to this resource, or report an error, select the corresponding tab above.