Writing Prompts Ideas
- I was lost! I took out my map and…
- As I was looking down at my map, I felt a tap on my shoulder…
- “Are you lost?” Asked a voice from behind.
- Feeling relieved, I suddenly remembered that I had packed the map!
- Feeling embarrassed, I reluctantly asked for directions to…
Five Ws and One H
- Who is the character?
- Where is the character?
- When did the event take place?
- Why is the character there?
- Why did this happen?
- Did something cause this to happen?
- What is happening?
- Can you provide more detailed information?
- How did the character get there?
- How did the character get out of their situation?
- How did this happen?
- Can you provide more information to prove this?
- Use the illustration as stimulus for a narrative
- Describe what you see
- Complete a story board template
All Visual Writing Prompt images are licenced under Creative Commons Zero which means you can copy, modify, distribute and use the photos for free, including commercial purposes, without asking permission from or providing attribution to the photographer.