A collection of social story resources to use in the classroom when developing strategies and skills for a range of social situations.
Use this Social Stories Resource Pack in the classroom to develop social skills as a whole class or to use individually for targeted students.
After identifying the need for a particular social skill, display the poster or provide students with a black and white copy to teach the skill. Use the activity cards to reinforce the taught social skill, to ensure students have a sound understanding of which strategies to use when presented with a range of social situations.
Prepare students for change and or a new event by reading the social story to them prior to the event, so that they can develop the skills and strategies required to take part in the event with success.
Create your own social stories using the templates and picture cards provided in the pack.
This teaching resource includes:
- 25 social stories
- 16 activity cards
- 81 picture cards
- 9 templates.
- Social Stories – Pictures and Templates
- Social Stories - Activity Cards
- Social Stories - A Change in My Day
- Social Stories - Afternoon Classroom Routine
- Asking Politely Mini-Book
- Calming Down Mini-Book
- Social Stories - Doing My School Work
- Social Stories - Eating Time
- Social Stories - Getting Ready for School
- I Am Not Always Right Mini-Book
- I Can't Always Win Mini-Book
- Social Stories - Keeping My Hands and Feet to Myself
- Social Stories - Lining Up
- Social Stories - Making a Good Choice
- Social Stories - Morning Classroom Routine
- Social Stories - Playground Rules
- Social Stories - Play Time
- Social Stories - Using My Quiet Voice at School
- Waiting for My Turn To Talk Mini-Book
- Picture Exchange Communication Cards
- Being a Good Friend – Mini-Book
- Being a Good Listener Mini-Book
- Sharing with My Friends – Mini-Book
- Asking My Friends to Play Mini-Book
- Saying Sorry Mini-Book
- I Can Use My Words Mini-Book
- Social Stories - Personal Space
- Rules for School Mini-Book