A collection of Captain Yet resources themed around helping students to overcome their learning challenges.
The characters Captain Yet and Pirate Nup have an important friendship. Pirate Nup often feels helpless to the challenges of learning. Captain Yet is a fantastic friend and has a way to help Pirate Nup see that challenges will often have solutions, they just may take time. The purpose of Captain Yet is to help students use a growth mindset approach to see that there are solutions to learning challenges and how to find these using an independent and resourceful strategies.
These Captain Yet themed resources are great for setting your classroom values, or as a maintenance activity throughout the year to remind your students that even though you may not be able to do something yet, with hard work and the right attitude you can succeed.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Captain Yet Goal Tracker (Captain Yet Version) – Template
- Are We There Yet? Captain Yet’s Joyous Journey – Poster
- Captain Yet Goal Sticker Chart (Captain Yet Version) – Template
- Captain Yet: Yet vs Nope – Poster
- Captain Yet – Values Poster
- Captain Yet Inspired Goals – Template
- Captain Yet Advice – Dice Game
- The Adventures of Pirate Nope and Captain Yet – Comic
- Captain Yet – Word Wall
- Are We There Yet? Captain Yet’s Joyous Journey – Large Posters
- Captain Yet: Pirate Nope’s Odyssey It’s Not Over Yet – Large Posters
- Captain Yet Upper Years Goal Tracker – Template
- Captain Yet Goal Tracker
- Captain Yet: Pirate Nope’s Odyssey It’s Not Over Yet – Poster
- Captain Yet Goals Sticker Chart
- I Can! I Can’t … Yet. – Handwriting Worksheet (Version 1)
- I Can! I Can’t … Yet. – Handwriting Worksheet (Version 4)
- I Can! I Can’t … Yet. – Handwriting Worksheet (Version 3)
- I Can! I Can’t … Yet. – Handwriting Worksheet (Version 2)
Australian Curriculum alignment
Describe their own strengths and achievements and those of others, and identify how these contribute to personal identities
Describe ways to include others to make them feel they belong
Identify and practise emotional responses that account for own and others?? feelings
Recognise similarities and differences in individuals and groups, and explore how these are celebrated and respected
Explore how success, challenge and failure strengthen identities
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!