Print a guided meditation script for teachers to lead your students through a breathing colours meditation exercise.
Using Guided Meditation With Students
Did you know that mindfulness has been proven to reduce stress, and that practising mindfulness can significantly improve both mental and physical health?
Help students focus on their breathing and bring calm to your classroom with a guided meditation for kids that’s been written out in a simple script. This setup makes it easier for teachers to read out loud without having to remember each step of the meditation.
This script focuses on the concept of breathing colours. It can be printed out for students to take home to continue practising their mindfulness outside the classroom.
What Is Breathing Colours?
Breathing colours is a mindfulness technique that involves visualising different colours as you breathe in and out. The technique is designed to help children (and adults!) focus their attention on the breath and use their imagination to engage in a fun and interactive way.
This Breathing Colours Guided Meditation Script takes mindful breathing to the next level by adding a simple visualisation. The tangible mental image of a coloured breath helps provide students with the skills they need to use their breath to calm themselves down in moments of stress or anger. It also helps students develop conscious relaxation skills.
Suggested Implementation of This Guided Meditation Script
- Try to make mindfulness mini-lessons a special time of day. Schedule five minutes each day at a time that suits you and your class.
- A small change in the environment can help students focus on mindfulness practise. You may like to dim or turn off the lights or close classroom curtains or blinds.
- Students can stand, sit or lie down for this mindful breathing activity.
- Consider beginning and ending each guided meditation with the sound of a bell.
- Guided meditations are highly effective when practiced in a quiet space; however, you may like to play some soft, calming instrumental music. Keep the volume very quiet so the music does not distract your students as they learn to focus solely on their breath and the sound of your voice.
Pair this resource with a mindful breathing video that can be played to help students relax!
Download to Begin Implementing Mindfulness in Your Classroom
The printable resource provides teachers with a script that can be spoken aloud to guide students through a mindful breathing meditation.
Using language suitable for lower primary and easily adaptable for upper primary, this meditation teaches students practical skills that can serve them throughout their lives.
Use the Download button to access the black-and-white PDF guided meditation script.