A cute activity where students edit sentences with capital letter puppets.
This cute match-up activity will help your students consolidate their understanding of capital letters.
Instructions for use:
- Cut out each sentence page and display each sentence on your whiteboard or display.
- Cut out each capital letter and attach to a popsicle stick or strip of paper to create a puppet.
- Encourage your students to use the capital letter puppets to edit the sentences so that they have correct capitalisation.
This resource asks your students to replace the lowercase letter with capital letters in a range of sentences. They will be capitalising:
- at the beginning of a sentence
- for proper nouns in sentences.
The capital letter cut-outs can also be glued over the top of the lowercase letter when needed in small-group or one-to-one activities.