A measurement jigsaw puzzle illustrating informal time
Times of day include:
- Night (beginning of day)
- Early Morning
- Late Morning
- Night (end of day)
Use these puzzle pieces as a fun revision activity in the classroom, or compliment them with the Informal Measurement Task Cards.
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Australian Curriculum alignment
- Mathematics > Foundation Year > Measurement and Geometry > Using units of measurement > ACMMG006
Use direct and indirect comparisons to decide which is longer, heavier or holds more, and explain reasoning in everyday languageElaborationscomparing objects directly, by placing one object against an...
- Mathematics > Year 1 > Measurement and Geometry > Using units of measurement > ACMMG019
Measure and compare the lengths and capacities of pairs of objects using uniform informal unitsElaborationsunderstanding that in order to compare objects, the unit of measurement must be the same size...
- Mathematics > Year 2 > Measurement and Geometry > Using units of measurement > ACMMG037
Compare and order several shapes and objects based on length, area, volume and capacity using appropriate uniform informal unitsElaborationscomparing lengths using finger length, hand span or a piece ...
- Mathematics > Foundation Year > Measurement and Geometry > Using units of measurement > ACMMG007
Compare and order duration of events using everyday language of timeElaborationsknowing and identifying the days of the week and linking specific days to familiar events (Skills: Numeracy, Critical an...
- Mathematics > Year 2 > Measurement and Geometry > Using units of measurement > ACMMG038
Compare masses of objects using balance scalesElaborationsusing balance scales to determine whether the mass of different objects is more, less or about the same, or to find out how many marbles are n...
- Mathematics > Foundation Year > Measurement and Geometry > Using units of measurement > ACMMG008
Connect days of the week to familiar events and actionsElaborationschoosing events and actions that make connections with studentsâ everyday family routines (Skills: Numeracy, Critical and Creati...
- Mathematics > Year 2 > Measurement and Geometry > Using units of measurement > ACMMG040
Name and order months and seasonsElaborationsinvestigating the seasons used by Aboriginal people, comparing them to those used in Western society and recognising the connection to weather patterns. (S...
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!