A STEM investigation about floating and waterproof materials, embedded in a fun fairy tale story.
This open-ended STEM investigation has been designed to deepen students’ understanding of two science concepts – floating and waterproof materials.
In this investigation, students must research the two science topics. The students must then plan, build, test and reflect on their design.
This teaching resource includes:
- build a raft investigation explanation
- research the facts – sinking vs floating
- research the facts – waterproof
- plan and create template
- testing template
- reflect and share template
- Gingerbread Man picture template.