An interactive word guessing game.
Use this hangman alternative with your class as a fun warm-up or engaging way to end a lesson.
Guess These Winter Words
Have you been looking for an interactive, animated, and engaging alternative to hangman? Well, have no fear—the Disappearing Snowman is here!
Well, here before it melts. ⛄🌤️
The Disappearing Snowman game is an Interactive PowerPoint that functions like the familiar word guessing game we all know.
- Students guess one letter at a time by clicking a letter tile.
- If the letter is in the word, it will automatically appear on one of the letter lines.
- If the letter is not in the word, they will have to click the eraser button to make part of the snowman disappear.
- If they guess the whole word with part of the snowman still on the screen, they win!
The seasonally-themes words included in the PowerPoint are:
It’s a great addition to any Winter Holiday party!
Or Play With Your Own Words
The editable version of Disappearing Snowman (available via the dropdown menu) allows you to add your own words to the game.
Spell the word by dragging the letter tiles onto the slide. Delete any additional letter lines and cover the answer with the Answer Cover (so your students don’t accidentally see the word before you are ready to play).
Then start up the presentation in ‘Slide Show’ mode and play the game!
It’s perfect for:
- Practicing weekly spelling words
- Learning new vocabulary
- Word of the day activities
- Practicing spelling sight words
Quick—click the download button before the snowman disappears!
While you’re here for wintry fun, check out these activities too:
A fun winter craft activity for kids using a snowman template with accessories.
A worksheet to use in the classroom when learning the sequence of a procedure.
A winter holiday activity for students to create a unique snowpal.