Introduce your students to the world of Food Trucks as they master math, STEM, and art to design and run their own food truck.
End-of-Year STEM Projects are a Hit!
The Food Truck Craze is here! As students master their math, reading and STEM skills to design and run their own food truck, they will have fun learning with this Project Based Learning unit that integrates math, reading and art to plan, design and create the perfect food truck. . They will have an opportunity to apply for a business license, design a logo, equip their truck, and more!
Your students will love sharing their creations with classmates and other visitors. This project-based learning unit will engage your students in all aspects of business, especially science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Students will complete the planning process by making their own food truck from start to finish.
This PBL unit incorporates 21st Century skills with challenging, engaging, and creative activities. This is a perfect STEM activity for those looking for creative ways to encourage entrepreneurial thinking in elementary school students.
Project Based STEM Activities Included:
- Make A Business Plan, Apply for a License, and Design a Logo
- Equipping a Food Truck on a Budget (Needs vs. Wants)
- Calculating Overall Build Cost (Addition and Subtraction)
- Food Truck Floor Plan (Calculating Square Footage and Blueprinting)
- Plan a Menu, Set Prices, Menu Illustrations (Art)
- Build a Food Truck (Color, Design, Cut and Assemble Model)
- Food Truck Money Math Summative Activity
Tips for Differentiation + Scaffolding
A team of dedicated, experienced educators created this resource to support your STEM lessons.
If you have a mixture of above and below-level learners, check out these suggestions for keeping students on track with the concepts:
🆘 Support Struggling Students
Help students who need help understanding the concepts by
- Pair or group students to team-build their project.
- Provide anchor charts or checklists to aid in concept review or organization.
➕ Challenge Fast Finishers
- Encourage students to expand their food truck design and menu items by considering specialty diets, researching nutritional value, and creating additional marketing ideas for their truck.
Easily Prepare This Resource for Your Students
Use the dropdown icon on the Download button to choose between the PDF or Google Slides version of this resource. Download the resource, print each student a packet of materials, and they are ready to go!
Don’t stop there! We’ve got more activities and resources that cut down on lesson planning time:
A card game for nouns, verbs and adjectives.
Students solve multiplication facts, interpret coordinate planes, and draw shapes to reveal a mystery picture.
Grammar presented on TVs.