A set of little books to assist younger students with number recognition and understanding for numbers 1-20.
Use this teaching resource as part of your math centers for younger students. This resource includes a little book for numbers 1-20.
To make the mini-books:
- Print the little books at their ‘actual’ size and do not reduce or enlarge it. This will ensure the page edges line up without trimming. It may not look right in print preview, but ‘actual size’ is the best way to print it.
- Once printed, fold all of the lines on the page, including all of the horizontal lines and all of the vertical lines.
- Open the piece of paper and then refold again along the middle vertical line.
- Cut the dotted line between pages 2, 3, 6, and 7.
- Open the piece of paper and then refold the paper in half along the middle horizontal line.
- Push pages together so that all the pages are on the outside. The cut section will open out in a diamond shape before folding in on itself to form a mini-book.