A set of little books to assist younger students with number recognition and understanding for numbers 1-20.
Use this teaching resource as part of your math centers for younger students. This resource includes a little book for numbers 1-20.
To make the mini-books:
- Print the little books at their ‘actual’ size and do not reduce or enlarge it. This will ensure the page edges line up without trimming. It may not look right in print preview, but ‘actual size’ is the best way to print it.
- Once printed, fold all of the lines on the page, including all of the horizontal lines and all of the vertical lines.
- Open the piece of paper and then refold again along the middle vertical line.
- Cut the dotted line between pages 2, 3, 6 and 7.
- Open the piece of paper and then refold the paper in half along the middle horizontal line.
- Push pages together so that all the pages are on the outside. The cut section will open out in a diamond shape before folding in on itself to form a mini-book.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Print many upper- and lowercase letters.
Print all upper- and lowercase letters.
Write numbers from 0 to 20. Represent a number of objects with a written numeral 0-20 (with 0 representing a count of no objects).
Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs in more than one way, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record each decomposition by a drawing or equation (e.g., 5 = 2 + 3 and 5 = 4 + 1).
Count to 120, starting at any number less than 120. In this range, read and write numerals and represent a number of objects with a written numeral.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!