An inquiry task focusing on the natural environment of the Amazon rainforest in South America.
In this inquiry task, students imagine they are a zoo keeper in their local community. The zoo has just announced plans to open a new ‘Animals of the Amazon’ exhibit. The welfare of the plants and animals in the new exhibit is the zoo’s top priority.
The students must research the plants, animals, and climate of South America to plan one of the animal enclosures.
• What is the climate like in the Amazon rainforest?
• What is the climate like in your local community?
• Will your animal be able to adapt to the climate found in your community?
• What types of vegetation, or plant life, will be needed in the enclosure?
This teaching resource includes:
- a detailed overview of the inquiry task
- various scaffold and planning worksheets
- reflection questions.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!