Teach the components of a map with a map elements teaching presentation.
Me on the Map! Teacher Tools from Teach Starter
Enhance your Me on the Map lessons in elementary grades with a map elements teaching presentation. This presentation serves as an excellent introduction on how to read a map for kids. Text, images, and vocabulary words are highlighted to increase understanding of what maps are used for.
Terms included are
- Map title
- Compass rose
- Map key
- Latitude and longitude
This teaching presentation and your amazing teaching skills will guide students to discover
- What do you call the part of a map that tells direction?
- What are the parts of a map?
- What part of the map shows distance?
- Which map part tells the user what the map symbols stand for?
- What does a compass rose look like?
- What are the lines on a map called?
- And more!
In addition to this Geography teaching presentation, we have coordinating map related resources, including:
Before You Download
Use the Download button to download the Google Slides resource.
This resource was created by Lindsey, a teacher in Michigan and a Teach Starter Collaborator.
Don’t stop there! We’ve got more geography activities we know your students will love:
[resource:2655666] [resource:2664122] [resource:2655382]