A silent desk indicator for students to use to communicate to their teacher about how they are feeling without having to communicate verbally.
This teaching resource is a discrete way for students to share how they are feeling. Each student character in the Emotion Demotion series are very good at expressing their emotions. With the Emotion Demotion posters, students can identify where they are feeling and use strategies that are discussed between teacher and student on how to cope and rectify those emotion types so that students can get back to being motivated with the Cool Crew.
How to use this resource:
- Download and print the character and blank template.
- Customize which 6 emotions match your student. This can also be done with your student to help them relate to their feelings.
- Cut out the emotions wedges that are needed and glue them onto the blank template.
- Cut out and laminate the desk indicator and the arrow template.
- Use a brass fastener to connect the arrow to the centre of your desk indicator.
- Give to your student to place on their desk.
Best used after the class poster is used in a class brainstorm to collectively come up with strategies, or if on a more discreet basis, conference with the student about the strategies that will work well for them and their behavior and your class routine.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!