A teaching resource to help teach your students the different reasons authors may write.
This comprehension teaching resource is aimed at teaching students the different reasons authors may write. These reasons may include:
- to entertain
- to persuade
- to inform.
This teaching resource includes:
- spinner and arrow
- flash cards for sentence topics.
How to use this teaching resource:
- Laminate and cut-out spinner and attach the arrow with a split pin.
- Laminate and cut-up the flash cards.
- Provide a small group with the spinner and flash cards.
- Students spin the spinner to receive a reason to write their sentence and then pick a topic using the flash cards.